CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »


This blog is for friends and family to see and hear what is happening in the lives of our new family. Isla and Fiona joined our family on March 14, 2008. Isla weighed in at 6 lbs 14 oz and Fiona was 5 lbs 6 oz. Feel free to post comments on this site, and to share it with any other twin moms that you know.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Home Again, Home Again






We made it back from Humboldt! Boy did that seem like a long drive this time. They don't sleep quite as much as they used to, but they did pretty well. I was able to give one a bottle and nurse the other when I stopped in the park this time. That didn't create quite as much of a scene as the big ole double nursing pillow does. It's funny because I haven't given them a bottle forever, so had no idea how good they were at it. They can even hold it on their own! Plus it is faster than nursing! They had their first hike through Redwood Park. They loved it. For some reason my poor mom had to carry Isla, and I got Fiona. It was fun to see them get tons of play time with their grandparents, cousins, and aunt Kristi. They also had lots of visitors.

Euan was happy to have us home and said they look hairier. I did something to my neck and am in severe pain (at least that was the rating I told the help line when I called to schedule a doctor's appointment today). It makes it so hard to pick up the girls and today was a long, hard day. Euan was gone at school all day and the girls didn't sleep at the same time and wanted to be held all day long. Stacy called and said that Madeline has a rash that may or may not be Chicken Pox. If it is then the girls were exposed, so now I'm worried that that is why they were so clingy today. Please no! After today, there is no way I could handle two sick girls on my own! Ok I'm going to post a bunch of pictures from our trip.

1 comments:

Michael Chatfield said...

She does not have the chicken pox. She does have some weird rash that just never really did anything but no fever and quite frankly, she was fine the whole time, it's just that rash! Ugh! They are always such a mystery but just know, it's going away and she was not hard to deal with AT ALL the whole time...except maybe last night when she woke up at midnight and didn't go back to bed until 2:40! But she just wanted to play! I am exhausted...so is she.